in , ,

Military arrests, parades 8 suspects over Southern Kaduna killings

By Istifanus Andrew

Six suspects have been arrested by the Military Task Force in connection with the killings in the southern part of Kaduna state.

The suspects include: Abubakar Ali, Ali Amadu, Bawa Idi, Umar Dikko, Garba Damon and Mohammed Ibrahim, Adamu Joseph and William Barnabas.

Commander of the Task Force, Maj.-Gen Chukwuemeka Okonkwo, paraded the suspects in Kafancahan, on Monday.

Represented by the Commander, Sector 7 of the Operation, Col. David Nwakonobi, Okonkwo said that the six suspects were arrested on August 5, at Lere Local Government Area of Kaduna state.

Two other suspects, he said, were arrested at Chawai, a village on the fringes of Kauru and Zango Kataf Local Government Areas.

He explained that the arrests were based on credible intelligence reports made available to the military.

“In a bid to curb the recent attacks and isolated killings in Southern Kaduna, our troops have continued to intensify efforts aimed at curtailing the menace and ensuring peace in the general area.

“On August 5, our troops acting on credible intelligence, apprehended six suspected militias at Lere.

“One locally fabricated pump action gun, two locally made pistols, one 9mm ammunition, four machetes and two motorcycles were found in their possession.

“In a related development our troops in conjunction with members of vigilante group, apprehended two suspects at Chawai, a village between Kauru and Zangon Kataf.

“One locally pump action gun, three cartridges, two Mobil phones and a dagger were recovered from them,” he said.

According to the Commander, the suspects had since been profiled and that preliminary investigation had been conducted, stressing that they would be handed over to Police for further investigation and prosecution.

Okonkwo also disclosed that one of the militia who was involved in the recent attacks in the area was killed.

“His dead body was discovered at Kibori village during rescue operation by our troops.

“We also have information on the identity of some of the hoodlums that carried out the last attack; we are on the trail and by the grace of God we will soon get them,” he said.

The Commander urged residents of the affected areas to be calm, law abiding and support the military in its bid to restore lasting peace to Southern Kaduna and environs.

Written by ExpressDay

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading…

0

Comments

0 comments

FG spends N409.92bn to settle ex-PHCN workers — BPE

JAMB okays Sept 7 for start of post-UTME test