President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Architect Yusuf Kazaure to replace Chief Dr. George Nnadubem Moghalu as Chairman of the Board of Nigeria Communications Satellite Limited (NigComSat).
The President also appointed Dr. Abubakar Sa’id to replace Prof. Adeolu Akande as Board Chairman of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), among other appointments he approved for parastatals in the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy.
A press statement issued on Monday by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity), said the appointments were in order to fast-track the targets and mandate of the Ministry.
The full list of appointments is as follows:
1. Nigerians Communications Commission (NCC)
- Prof. Adeolu Akande (South West) replaces Senator Olabiyi Durojaiye (South West) as Chairman, Board of Commissioners – subject to Senate confirmation
- Mr. Uche Onwude (South East) replaces Senator Ifeanyi Godwin Ararume (South East) as Non-Executive Commissioner – subject to Senate confirmation.
2. The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- Dr. Abubakar Sa’id replaces Prof. Adeolu Akande as Board Chairman
- Dr. Habibu Ahmed Imam (North West) replaces Dr. Lawal Bello Moriki (North West)
- Dr. Mohammed Sa’idu Kumo as Board Member
3. The Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST)
- Dr. Ismail Adebayo Adewusi (South West) replaces Barrister Bisi Adegbuyi (South West) as Postmaster General/CEO
4. Galaxy Backbone Limited (GBB)
- Professor Muhammed Bello Abubakar replaces Architect Yusuf Kazaure
5. The Nigeria Communications Satellite Limited (NigComSat)
- Architect Yusuf Kazaure replaces Chief Dr. George Nnadubem Moghalu as Board Chairman
- Dr. Najeem Salam replaces Hon. Samson Osagie as Executive Director, Marketing and Business Development
- Professor Abdu Ja’afaru Bambale replaces Kazeem Kolawole Raji as Executive Director, Technical Services
- Hadi Mohammed replaces Mohammed Lema Abubakar as Executive Director, Administration