Nasarawa State governor, Abdulahi Sule, has cried out to President Muhammadu Buhari over the havoc he said Boko Haram has continued to cause in the State.
Speaking to correspondents after a meeting with the president at the presidential villa, Abuja on Friday, he said the terrorists keep regrouping after being dislodged by security forces.
Alhough the terrorists had been dislodged from Toto town in the State, where they had camped, they have regrouped at the Nasarawa/Benue border from where they are now launching attacks on residents, he told journalists after his meeting with the President.
He said some of the Boko Haram elements active in the Nasarawa State belong to the Darussalam group that had been dislodged from Niger State, disclosing that a joint security operation killed a lot of them while 900 were arrested.
The Governor maintained that those arrested confirmed their membership of the Boko Haram insurgency group.
Sule said Nasarawa has continued to have security challenges, noting that having briefed the president, he is confident that action will be taken to curtail the menace.
He said he discussed the problem with the president, as well as other issues, including the possible federal government take-over of Jitata road, which serves as an alternative route from the State to Abuja.